Keeping it simple
To help make tax time easier, we’re sending your 2020-21 tax information directly to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Your details will be automatically uploaded and pre-filled in the myTax portal or accessed by your registered tax agent.
Need a copy of your tax statement?
If your health fund details aren't populating, or you lodge your tax return on paper, a copy of your tax statement will be available in your Member Centre inbox under 'Communications'.
Understanding your tax statement
We want to help make tax time a more manageable and straightforward process. That's why we've put together a quick guide that helps explain what information is required and where it goes when manually doing your tax return.
Still have questions?Check out the list of questions and answers we have put together relating to health insurance at tax time.
Your tax statement will be ready to access by 14 July 2021
- We send your tax information directly to the ATO, so you do not need to do anything. Your details will automatically get uploaded and will be pre-populated when you access the myTax portal or visit your registered tax agent.
- If your CBHS Corporate Health details aren't populating, or you lodge your tax return on paper, a copy of your tax statement is also available in your Member Centre inbox under 'Communications'.
Your tax statement shows:
- Your share (for taxation purposes) of the total health insurance premiums you paid to CBHS Corporate Health between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021 that are eligible for the Australian Government Rebate on Private Health Insurance
- The amount (if any) of Australian Government Rebate you received
- The number of days you held private hospital cover with CBHS Corporate Health during the financial year (if this is less than 365, you may need to pay the Medicare Levy Surcharge calculated only on the days you missed).
- The ATO will receive the information on two tax statements, one for each membership.
- The figures on your tax statement cover health insurance premiums we received during the financial year. For further assistance, you can access our guide here, or call us on 1300 586 482.
- Please note that all payments made up to midnight on 30 June 2021 will be included on this year’s tax statement.
- A copy of your tax statement will be available in your Member Centre inbox by 14 July 2021 (Communications > Tax statements)
- If you are experiencing trouble trying to access your tax statement online, you can request a paper copy or a digital version by calling 1300 586 482 or email email@example.com.
- You can print a financial year claims history from your Member Centre, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 1300 586 482. It will also be uploaded to your correspondence history in the Member Centre via the website.
- The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS) is levied on payers of Australian tax who do not have private hospital cover and who earn above a certain income. The surcharge aims to encourage individuals to take out private hospital cover, and where possible, to use the private system to reduce the demand on the public Medicare system. For details regarding the Medicare Levy Surcharge, please visit the Australian Tax Office Medicare Levy Surcharge website.
- Yes. Log into your Member Centre via the website and select the ‘Payment’ tab to manage payments. You must make the payment before midnight 30 June 2021. Alternatively, you can contact our Member Care team on 1300 586 482 or email@example.com. We’re available Monday – Friday from 7am to 7pm (AEST).
- You can access your PHIS via the Member Centre inbox. Your PHIS gets released when we communicate our premium review annually during March.