DIRECT DEBIT REQUEST (DDR) SERVICE AGREEMENT
The DDR Service Agreement applies when you are paying using a direct debit facility or credit card.
CBHS Corporate Health's Commitment
CBHS Corporate Health Pty Ltd will confirm the direct debit arrangements prior to the first drawing, and directly debit your nominated account on CBHS Corporate Health's drawing dates. If the nominated day falls on a weekend or public holiday, deductions will be made on the next business day. If you are uncertain as to when the debit will be processed to your account, please check with your financial institution.
Debiting your account
By providing us with a valid instruction, you have authorised CBHS Corporate Health to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. You should refer to this DDR Service Agreement for the terms of the arrangement between CBHS Corporate Health and you.
CBHS Corporate Health debits all payments in advance. Your debit amount will not vary unless:
- Your contributions are owing prior to your initial debit.
- You change your level of cover which has a different contribution rate.
- You relocate to another state which has a different contribution rate.
- You change your payment frequency or payment method.
- Your entitlement to the Federal Government Rebate as reduced premiums is varied.
- Your Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) loading is varied.
- Your contribution was returned unpaid by your financial institution.
- You resume your membership after a suspension period, or
- Your contribution rates change. CBHS Corporate Health will advise you at least 14 days prior to the new rates taking effect.
If you want to make changes to the drawing arrangements, please notify CBHS Corporate Health in writing at least 4 business days prior to your next scheduled drawing date. Changes may include:
- Altering your level of cover and drawing frequency.
- Stopping an individual debit.
- Suspending the DDR, or
- Cancelling the DDR completely.
Your commitment to us
It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- The account or credit card you nominate can accept direct debits.
- Your account or credit card details are identical to those held with your financial institution.
- Sufficient cleared funds are available in your nominated account or credit card on the due date. Where there are insufficient funds to cover your debit, your financial institution may charge you a fee.
- The authorisation given to draw on the nominated account is identical to the account signing instruction held by the financial institution where the account is based.
- You check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
- You notify CBHS Corporate Health if the nominated account is closed or if your account or credit card details change (including the card expiry date).
- You pay your CBHS Corporate Health contributions by an alternative method if the direct debit arrangements are cancelled by either you or CBHS Corporate Health.
- Your payments are up-to-date, whether a notice is received from CBHS Corporate Health or not.
- You check with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available through Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
If your drawing is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, we will notify you in writing. Any transaction fees payable by us in respect of the above may be passed on to you. Consecutive returns or dishonours may result in the direct debit facility being withdrawn.
If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account you should call us on 1300 586 462 and confirm the details in writing with us so that we can resolve your query. If your account has been incorrectly debited we will arrange for your financial institution to adjust your account accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted. If your account has not been incorrectly debited, we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and copies of any evidence for this finding.
We will keep any information (including your account details) in your DDR confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this DDR Service Agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).