CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Results
21.0%Average bodyweight lost by TWD's 'super stars' who are the program's most successful members.
7.3%Average bodyweight lost by members who stay on the program for 12 weeks and use the TWD digital tools the most.
Average bodyweight lost by all members who stay on the TWD 12 Week program.
Source: ^ Hendrie, GA, Baird, D, Williams G (2020). Evaluation CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Online System: Highlights report
The program offers you the support you need to achieve your weight loss goals. The innovative tracking tools encourage and support you on your journey towards a healthier weight. You will learn how to feed your body the nutritious food it craves, and by the end of the program you should feel healthier, leaner, and more in control of your weight.
The program also includes positive psychology tools to boost your wellbeing. Weight loss isn’t just about diet, exercise, or the way your body looks – it's also about the way you feel about yourself and the way you look at the future.
With this enhancement we complete our Total Wellbeing approach to health and weight loss: a balance between physical and psychological wellbeing.
Terry lost 100 kgs
Some of the most successful participants on the 24-week program lost an average of 21% of their body weight. Terry weighed 185 kilos and lost 100 kilos in two years*
*Individual results may vary
“Joining the program probably saved my life – it certainly gave me my life back. I no longer live to eat; I eat to live.” – Terry M
The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet online program is available to our members in two ways:
- Members who hold Hospital cover and chronic disease – or a risk of chronic disease – may be able to access the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet for 24 weeks at no cost as part of a Digital Wellness weight management program. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out.
- Our members get a 20% discount off the cost of the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet 12-week online program. Depending on your level of cover, you may also be able to claim benefits towards the cost of the program from the health management section of your Extras cover.
What is in each of the programs?
|Digital Wellness weight management program||CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet 12-week online program|
|A healthcare assessment with a registered nurse to identify your goals||✓||×|
|Access to the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet online program||24 weeks||12 weeks|
|15 one-to-one coaching sessions with an Accredited Practising Dietitian||✓||×|
|Education material on managing chronic conditions||✓||×|
|Weekly high protein, low GI menu plans||✓||✓|
|Optional exercise plans you can do at home||✓||✓|
|An online food and weight diary to track your progress||✓||✓|
|Positive psychology tools to help boost your mood||✓||✓|
|Access to online private community support||✓||✓|
|Reminders and tracking tools to keep you motivated||✓||✓|
|1,000s of healthy delicious recipes||✓||✓|
|Companion member only app||✓||✓|
|Printable shopping lists||✓||✓|
|Sync your Fitbit or Garmin to the website||✓||✓|
The 12-week online program takes a scientific approach to weight management by combining delicious high protein meal plans with powerful online tracking tools designed to optimise weight loss.
The online program makes it easy to lose weight. Each week you’ll have access to:
- Simple, delicious meal plans suitable for the family
- Practical exercise plans you can do at home
- Reminders and tracking tools to keep you on track
- Scientifically formulated weight loss guides to keep you informed
- A community forum to keep you motivated
- Positive psychology tools to boost your mood
Members may be able to claim towards the cost of the program under CBHS Corporate Wellness Benefits. These unique benefits are available to all members holding Extras cover and each of our packaged covers excluding FlexiSaver (Basic Plus). CBHS Corporate Wellness Benefits cover you for a variety of health checks and programs designed to assist you in better managing your health and wellbeing. Contact our Member Care team at email@example.com or 1300 586 462 to see if you’re eligible.
*The CSIRO name and logo and the marks TWD and Total Wellbeing Diet are trademarks of CSIRO and used under license.
^ Hendrie, GA, Baird, D, Williams G (2020). Evaluation CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet Online System: Highlights report
The Digital Wellness weight management program offers you all the support you need to achieve your weight loss goals. It’s more suitable for members with chronic disease, or for members whose BMI (Body Mass Index) puts them in the obese category.
If you’re not sure you can check your BMI here.
The primary objective of the 24-week program is to help members achieve at least 5% bodyweight loss.
The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet gives you access to weekly meal plans and delicious recipes. All meal plans are created using the same higher protein, low GI philosophy which ensures satiety throughout the day. In other words, when you follow the meal plans you won't go hungry which will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
The Digital Wellness Weight Management program includes:
- 15 online coaching sessions with a qualified Accredited Practising Dietitian
- 24 weeks of the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet online
- Healthcare assessment with a registered nurse
- Menu and exercise plans
- Positive psychology tools to boost your wellbeing
- Community support via private Facebook group
- Reminders and tracking tools to keep you motivated
- 1,000s of healthy and delicious recipes
- Companion member iOS app
- Printable shopping lists
- Sync your Fitbit or Garmin to the website
Members achieved on average a 9.25% loss of their body weight
In 2019-20, 103 members completed the Digital Wellness weight management program. They had an average BMI of 35.1 and all suffered from a range of chronic conditions including diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure and joint pain.
The average weight lost per person was 6.8 kilos which was 6.8% of their body weight on average. Those who completed the full 24 weeks lost an average 9.5 kilos or 9.25% of their body weight, and experienced significant improvements in blood pressure, blood glucose levels, pressure on joints and cholesterol levels.
Members were also incredibly satisfied by the program
- 95% of members said they were satisfied or very satisfied with the Digital Wellness 24-week program
- 77% felt confident or very confident to maintain their weight or continue their weight loss journey
- 61% met or exceeded their goals at the end of the program
- Dietitian sessions achieved a star rating of 4.8-4.9 out of 5
My cholesterol dropped from 7.4 to 6, almost 20%.
Thank you for such a great program it’s changed my life.
Having the dietitian sessions over the course of 24 weeks was very encouraging and rewarding.
The food tracker was extremely useful and highlighted how my diet was unbalanced.
I feel in control and I have more energy and motivation.
Source: Digital Wellness CBHS Annual Report 2020
The Digital Wellness weight management program is one of the CBHS Corporate Better Living programs. Learn more about how to sign up and read more success stories at the Better Living page.
Call our Health and Wellness team on 02 9685 7567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.